Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HauNTeD SCRaPPiNG

I've been on a fun adventure this weekend! I went with my cute sista's and nieces to a scrapbook retreat in Virginia City, NV. We stayed in an old haunted hospital that was built in 1875. There are a couple of different stories about the haunting...

Both stories say it's haunted by a nun. One story goes that one of the patients in the metal ward started a fire in his room and killed himself and his nurse (nun). They say that the housekeeper often finds the bed in her room messed up, and they think she is just there trying to continue the service she gave all of her life.

The other story goes that there were some Nun's and Priests that didn't keep their vows very seriously and several abortions were performed in one of the rooms downstairs, and the nun stays at the hospital along with a small boy that also haunts the hospital. He has been known and heard bouncing a basketball through the halls.

I don't know if any of you watch "ghost trackers" but they actually investigated the hospital and concluded that it was haunted. They even have pictures with orbs.

I'm not saying I believe or don't believe the stories, but it was such a fun weekend and the "haunted house" had so much character complete with hidden staircases, blocked floors, creeks, fire escapes and all the charm you can imagine.

It's always fun to spend time with my family, they are so fun to be around and we laughed and giggled until it hurt!


This is us on the staircase!


There were nooks and crannies with character everywhere!

This is me and the Nun's ORB!


This is my cute friend Barb!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds kind of creepy...I probably wouldn't have slept the entire weekend, but would have gotten a lot of scrapping done!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Looks like you had lots of fun...I'm glad, and jealous you got to stay in a haunted house...
~ali

Bon said...

I laughed so hard of you and the Nun "Orb" heehee! That is hilarious! I would have had fun sneaking around scaring everybody!! HA! Miss you-

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I agree with Ali and Bonnie. I'm very jealous, and I would totally play pranks like nobodies business!

Unknown said...

"..this is me and the nun's orb..."
BWahahahahha!
Kris, you are a nut.

Becca said...

Is the nun's orb the flash of your camera in a mirror?