My cute niece Jenn came and stayed with us this weekend, and can I just say, WHaT a BLaST! She is so adorable and fun to be around. Our weekend was a lot about CRaFTiNG & FooD... two of my favorite things. Jen painted and decorated a darling magnet board for her bedroom, however, silly me didn't take a picture of it, so hopefully she will take one and share. I finally after a year, got my table that is in my entry way painted. It turned out so cute. I'll take a picture of that later and post it. Saturday was Cafe' Jeni... We made all Cafe' Rio food. One word: YUM!
Pork Barbacoa
Pork Barbacoa
Homemade Tortillas
The BeST dressing eva'
Ready to serve
Full TummiesSunday Jenn made us White Bean Chili... It was DeLiCiouS!
And check out our festive bread bowls that we served the soup in.


We also spent time playing games!Bridger thought the next picture was funny...
He didn't know where Jenn went, he thought I was on the couch alone.
My contorted feet?
Nope. They were Jenn's.
We surprised Hunter in the middle of giving a Tabu clue..Saturday afternoon, so we took her picture on the porch.
Could she be any cuter?
I'm look forward to weekends like this one.
Thanks Jenn, and my cute family for making it a fun one!


7 comments:
Ummm . . . I'm gonna need that pork barbacoa recipe STAT.
PS- are your cafe rio recipes any different from the ones I have in my recipe cards on my blog?
kris!!! it was so much fun to stay with you! i love the post...even though i look like i am dying on the couch! (: you and your fam are the best! thanks for everything, the talks, the laughs, the supplies, and the encouragement... it will pay off, i promise! see you soon!
Delicious! I love food..all kinds. But usually whatever anyone blogs about I end up craving all night and dreaming about! HA!!
Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Looks like an awesome weekend.
We did the same thing here, My mom, sister, and I locked ourselves in my mom's sewing room for two days and made table runners. Our hubbies were stuck with the kids, and we had great food.
Spaghetti from scratch on saturday, and pork roast with potatoes and gravy on sunday.
I think we all need weekends like that every once in a while and since I don't scrap anymore, I never make the time.
Brenna is darling, that looks like a professional photo, great job!
Good to see you, even if it's just on a post. I love you and I am so glad you had fun with Jenny. Love you guys, and miss you
~Love Ali
WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEKEND THE PERFECT COBINATION OF GOOD FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS, AND OF COURSE FAMILY TO ENJOY IT WITH. WHO CAN ASK FOR MORE
Post a Comment