As each week goes on, I feel myself loosing energy and drive.
I'm always grateful for the Sabbath, when I get to refuel,
renew and refocus. This week my Young Women's lesson
was on Healthy Habits. Every time I prepare a lesson,
I feel it's more for me then the girls. What a great reminder
that we've been given our bodies as a gift and we need to
take care of them. Each week I give the girls what we call
a "glue in". It is a quote by a prophet on vellum paper,
and they glue it into the spine of their scriptures.
This quote is from "For the strength of the Youth".
If you haven't read the pamphlet lately you need to
check it out, it has aWeSoME information in it.
I'm always grateful for the Sabbath, when I get to refuel,
renew and refocus. This week my Young Women's lesson
was on Healthy Habits. Every time I prepare a lesson,
I feel it's more for me then the girls. What a great reminder
that we've been given our bodies as a gift and we need to
take care of them. Each week I give the girls what we call
a "glue in". It is a quote by a prophet on vellum paper,
and they glue it into the spine of their scriptures.
This quote is from "For the strength of the Youth".
If you haven't read the pamphlet lately you need to
check it out, it has aWeSoME information in it.
"When you observe the Word of Wisdom, and other good
health practices, you remain free and have control over
your life. You gain the blessings of an undefiled body,
an alert mind, and the ability to receive help and support
from your Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost."
I also gave each of them a banana with a reminder to
"Eat Well, Exercise often and Sleep tight."


7 comments:
we're going to TWILIGHT...we're goin' to TWILIGHT. P.s who do I send my money 2 for my 2 tickets?
Thanks for coming to lunch with me. I love you Favorite. :O)
Love Ali
I wish you were my YW teacher . . . or Sunday School teacher . . . or RS teacher . . .
Still, I guess I'd rather have you as the coolest aunt ever than any of these . . .
i loved going to YW with you, and would so love to just take a drive up every weekend so that i could come to your class. you are amazing, and i look up to you way too much! i am super jealous about your tickets to twilight...i am excited to go and see it! i also cannot wait to see your cute hoodie! i hope that you post pics!!! LOVEY!
you already got tickets? Oh... I'm so jealous! I better get on it if I want to go... and I really want to go. I am addicted, and madly in love with Edward! We might be coming to visit next weekend with our new little guy. I'll let you know when we find out for sure.
You are such a creative teacher. I love the idea of the vellum quotes in my scriptures. I may have to try that. Way to go on the Twilight tickets. (where's my ticket:)
I can't believe you weren't at the scrapbook night either. Hopefully that Misty girl will invite me back.
You guys look so hot in your PC costumes.
Those vellum "glue ins" are a wonderful idea!!
Hey - those Twilight tickets are pretty exciting! Are you counting down the hours!?!?!
Post a Comment