I've never been tagged before. I think I like it. hee, hee My cute niece Bonnie tagged me for this fun post... You know your old when you can't remember 20 years ago....
20 Years ago...
I met the love of my life 20 years ago. What a good year. Although I barely knew Steve we went to his Mom's in Oregon for a weekend. It was fun to meet her. We had a lot of fun dating and getting to know each other. I worked at the Maverik and had just bought a new car. A metro LSI or as I liked to call it... a tin can.
10 Years ago...
We were living in Roy. Hunter was 5 and Briger 3. I did daycare. Katie (coon) stayed with me that summer. I think that was the first summer we had a reunion at Pat and Jerry's cabin. After the reunion, Steve and the boys and I went with my Mom and Dad and traveled through Yellowstone and the surrounding areas for a few days. That was a Great summer! 1998 was also the year I met and became friends with my very best friend AnDReA!
5 Years ago...
Steve and I went on our first cruise to the Caribbean. It was so awesome! We swam in the ocean with the stingrays. It was my first time out of the country which was one of my goals to do before I turned 40. Done, and I still have time to spare. We had just moved into our new house in Clinton. (we are still here and love it every day)
3 Years ago...
This was a very hard year for us. Steve lost his Dad to cancer. He really misses him still. But he was able to do his temple work for him which was such an honor for him. We planted a tree in our backyard in honor of his dad that year. We love having it as a reminder.
Last Year...
We went on a FABULOUS trip to Nauvoo with the Coon's. It was so incredible to be there and learn about the Saints and the sacrifices they made on our behalf. My testimony was really strengthened on the trip and spending time with family was priceless.
Yesterday... I watched my friend and her little boy on the news. Some guy tried to take him from his elementary school. Lucky for us all, he remembered what he had learned about strangers and ran and screamed and yelled until he ended up being safe.
Today... UGH! It started good, I got to sleep in and then have lunch with my darling Hubby! Then I went to take Hunter to get his learners permit. (for the 2nd time, the first time we didn't have all the right paperwork) We got through all the paperwork and signatures and it ends up he can't pass the eye test. I spent the next 3 hours finding an eye doctor and getting an exam. Ends up, Hunter needs glasses. Things are better tonight though.... I'm watching my cute nieces (Lily and Joey) and nephew (Ben) and we are having a party!!
Tomorrow... I hope to do a little housework and a whole lotta nothing else.
This month... My boys are performing in a festival and playing a duet called Circus Clowns on the piano. I'm so excited for that.
This year.... In August, My family and Ali & Brandon are going to the Grand Canyon. We are going to hike to the bottom where an indian tribe lives and runs a small villiage. We are going to stay at the bottom for a couple nights and hike around and check out some awesome waterfalls. Then we are going to hike back up. I'm so thankful for my health and the fact that I can do this with my cute family. It will be such an accomplishment!
Thanks for the tag Bon. I tag Jen,Ali, Andrea and Misty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
BLAST you tagged me....
cUTE kRIS! You really are soooo cute ys know that! MIss ya
i loved reading your tag- so where in the grand canyon are you hiking? is it by havasu? we were going to do that for spring break.. you will have to let me know, we are planning on going soon. also, my roomie has pictures.. if that is the same place, there is an LDS church down there, and she has some fab picutes...i will post them if you want! (:
Yes, It is Havasu. I totally want to see pictures. We're actually leaving on your birthday and coming home the following monday. We were hiking up on Sunday, but how cool would that be to stay and go to our meetings? hmmmmm... something to think about.
Wow - I learned a lot of fun stuff about ya!!! Your Grand Canyon adventures sounds like a lot of fun. You'll have to tell me all about it!!!
ooh... look i found where you posted! i am a moron! that is cool that you are leaving on my b-day... its a pretty spectacular day to do fun things like that! i will look into the church thing more. if i remember right, my friend said that people just show up in their jeans. it was neat! (:
Post a Comment