Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MY BiG SiSTeR



Recently my sister Debi gave me the picture above! I love it. I think it's about 1972 in the picture. She made me the outfit I have on that matches hers. She did stuff like this for us all the time. When I was little, she took me everywhere with her. A lot of people thought I was hers. The time I spent with my sister and her girls is priceless. One of my favorite memories is hanging out at their house on Hamburger Fridays. It didn't matter what we did as long as it was together.
I imagine in this picture she was whispering in my ear that I was a princess and I was going to grow up and live in a castle and marry a handsome prince and have babies and live happily ever after. She wasn't far from the truth. I have a great life and a great family! I love you Debi! Thanks for just being YOU and loving me!

12 comments:

Misty said...

That brought tears to my eyes....so sweet! You are so adorable!

jenn said...

wow! okay i have to be honest, i thought that the picture was just of random people but when you said that it was you and deb- i could see it! it made me think of doing things with my youngest sibblings - awww (: thanks for sharing the picture with us! families can be such a blessing in our lives! miss you!

Bon said...

That is sooooo SUPER CUTE Kris! Hooray for great sisters!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Cute Kris...I still miss you!
Love Ali
When can I see you again? What you doing Friday?
love ali

Katie Lee said...

that picture really is adorable!!! I have the best aunts ever, everyone else is out of luck because no one will ever come close to having such great examples. love you!

Natalie said...

What a super cute picture!! I love the matching outfits (as you know from my own childhood) How fun to have such a great big sister!

Becca said...

Awwww . . .

Kristie, this post really did make me teary-eyed, and that's the kind of thing I don't like to admit.

The picture really is priceless--I hope you have scanned it in and made tons of copies. I love having sisters!

happystuff7 said...

Kris that is so cute and sweet the pic is priceless!! It made me think of my sisters sisters are wonderful!!!

Bon said...

Don't mind me checking in every day or twice a day patiently awaiting a new post! HAHAHa- I am sooooo braty huh? j/k

Ok get to it!! I need to feel like my stalking is getting somewhere!heehe

Roylance Rec. Center said...

You are my favorite....and I miss you. :O( Love Ali

p.s. Keep updating your posts so I don't forget what you guys look like.

DEBI said...

Thanks Kris Aren't we cute?!? I love that picture. You have a very special place in my heart, thanks you for being my sister I love you. Having you spend so much time with my family only added to the fun we had. Love you Debi

The Reeder Raiders said...

I read what you wrote and i was in tears. I do miss the times we had together and as I read many memories came back. Thank You for the good tears. Love You,
Lori